What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ceph pulling

Here is a 6 month old ceph pulling. I wanted to know if it was best to clip off the pitcher? Will it affect the plant in any way? Grow faster, slower is the pitcher draining energy from the new growth or giving it energy? One more thing is it go young to take new cuttings?

thank you for looking.

21ctw2g.jpg

331g3s9.jpg

wsa1xc.jpg

Keep the pitcher on. It doesn't drain energy, it was meant to gain it! :) Feed it a few small fish pellets or some fresh-caught ants and it will love you for it.

that's crazy.. I've never seen a green pitcher like that.

Keep the pitcher on. It doesn't drain energy, it was meant to gain it! :) Feed it a few small fish pellets or some fresh-caught ants and it will love you for it.

Ok thanks ill feed it some fish pellets. what about me takeing cuttings, or is it still to small im just saying because it has alot of leaves.

massmorels that's crazy.. I've never seen a green pitcher like that.

ya it looks like the pitcher didint die back at all.

You have several "winter leaves" worthy of cuttings. Just hold the plant in place with your thump and tug on the leaves, ensuring that you get as much base as possible. Place in damp, live LFS, under bright light. Then ignore for several weeks!

There are a few leaves with the Heli. One is the red leaf to the right:

Picture002-10.jpg

I am not an expert on ceph but to me that plant looks great. I would just keep doing what your doing and enjoy. I hope to get a cool green one some day like yours.

thanks guys

Back