What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Pitcher's New Home

Man after fighting the Squirrels and Bird's this Spring I needed a new Home for my CP's and other Experiments. The PVC Cold frame I made last year did last through the Winter but it Took a Beating so I took advantage of a Harbour Freight Memorial Day Sale and got this 6 foot by 8 foot Beauty. This will be my 1st complete summer as I did not get into these untill the end of the summer. My favorite is the Pitchers, I got rid of the tropicals and the Dews. I also have 1 VFT growing good.

0530101625.jpg

0530101626.jpg

0530101655.jpg

0530101658.jpg

0530101703.jpg

0530101657.jpg

0530101657a.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

0530101659a.jpg

0530101654a.jpg

0530101654.jpg

Greenhouse growing....

Hey,
Nice looking greenhouse! :woot:
Hope it works out well for you and your plants.

As a thought, :p
if you aren't getting more CP's to "fill her up" right now, you may want to consider bringing in some other "regular" plants for the time being too. There are so many other non-carnivorous plants that are worth growing, and will add to your greenhouse environment!
The added plants will keep the humidity higher and create an even better environment for your CP's. :bigthumpup:
In our greenhouse, I do use shade cloth and such, but I do know that when it is "full" of plants, the environment isn't as difficult to manage.
During the times I haven't had much in it, the thing was like dealing with a desert! I know part of it is the added humidity that other plants help to maintain
but I also feel there is a symbiotic relationship that forms, between all the plants AND myself. :grin:
With other plants (even the non-CP's), I end up spending more time in there and paying more attention to everyone.
Besides, there are some wonderful orchids, water plants (Lilies, iris, etc), Passion Vines, bamboo, etc. that are worth the greenhouse space, and will broaden your experience AND enjoyment.

Well, have fun! It is looking good, and can only get better from here.
Good Growing!
Paul :water:

Looks great. Man I so want something like that. Yeah, now you gotta fill it up!

I want one! Nice!

Hey Thanx for the comments. Yeah I Love it so far it is where I drink my morning coffee. :gulp: I live in Eastern VA so Humidity is no problem, today it was like 75%. UGHH. I am currently a Horticulture College Student and I work at a Local Greenhouse/Nursery. I have been wondering what else to put in it to go with the CP's.??? It is techinally a Cold Frame as it will not be heated in the Winter months. Also I will be overwintering my Bonsai in there also. Gotta keep room for those:nono:

Nice setup!

I hope it is good for my Sarrs. It gets Full Sun from 9:30 am to around 2:30 pm, then on and off through the trees the rest of the day.???

That looks great. I am having to sit on my hands and wait to put up what I have for a green house till we move next april into a different house. It is not as nice as yours and it is just calling to me in my garage. I hope that your plants really like it in there. Keep puttin up photos of it as you fill it up. That way all us poor window cill suckers can enjoy your greenhouse.

New Editions with New Pics. 2 new S. 'Judith Hindle', 2 new S. Flava, and a S. x 'Readli'

0609101140b.jpg

0609101140a.jpg

0609101140.jpg

0609101147.jpg

0609101155.jpg

0609101141a.jpg

0609101144.jpg

0609101139.jpg

Nice :D Very nice greenhouse !! You need some neps in there..

It is not going to be heated in the Winter, So no Neps:-(

Back