What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

As I only grow North American carnivores( Sarrs, pings, utrics, dews and traps ), much to my suprise I found a new sundew growing in my Flava Rugelle about two months ago. Not knowing how it got there( I still haven't figured that out yet ), I looked it up, found it to be D. Cunefolia from S. Africa and let it grow, and now two months later it has damn near over run every pot in my collection. Thats not too bad as you can't not have to many of a CP, however, if you have small CP like P. Pumila, D. Brevolia, small D. Capillaris or small anything, this will overgrow it and choke it out. It gets approximately 2 inches across, has as many as 5 or 6 flower stems constantly and crams a pot from pot wall to pot wall. For those of you who think U. Subulata is bad( it's not ), get this and meet the Sundew from hell. As soon as I figure out how to take a pic, I'll post one.

Last edited:
Yikes, how awful!
If possible, I'd track down all of your sources for CPs and see if any of them grow the sundew in question.
If so, then obviously a little...gemmae, is it? hopped along for the ride.

That sounds like a real problem you have there. Feel free to pull them up and send them my way anytime and I will take that problem plant off your hands. :)

Yeah, I can always use more dews too!

are you sure it's a cuneifolia? i've got one, and it has yet to flower. and is abour two inches across as well---and growing!

Back