What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

suprising Ceph growth

I read in someone's thread that they mist their ceph's once a day. So I've been doing just that for the past 2 weeks and my ceph has put out an amazing amount of growth. As of now, 1 adult pitcher has almost fully inflated in less than a week. And 6 more adult pitchers have shown up over night.

100_4246.jpg

100_4245.jpg

100_4248.jpg

4 of the 6 new adult pitchers..

100_4248copy.jpg

Your Ceph looks great! Great growing! Though I'm a bit skeptical that the misting once a day would have much of an affect on the plants growth rate, if you think it's what's causing the rapid growth, stick with it :)

Your Ceph looks great! Great growing! Though I'm a bit skeptical that the misting once a day would have much of an affect on the plants growth rate, if you think it's what's causing the rapid growth, stick with it :)

Well, I've had this plant for a few months now and it never put out growth like this. It just started since I began misting. So, no.. I'm not 100% sure that the misting is causing the growth. But like I said, it didn't start going crazy until I started misting. ???

Well, Cephs are very slow to start growing when given a change in conditions (a few months isn't surprising) and it's also just getting into peak growing season right now, which is why my Cephs have too started growing like crazy after not growing too much throughout the winter.

Last edited:
I've only been in the hobby for 6 months, and have only had cephs for 3. So it's all new to me.. Either way, I gotta be doing something right. Right..?

Oh definitely! I didn't mean to take anything away from the excellent job you're doing growing that Ceph. It looks incredibly healthy.

Back