What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rather than focusing on individual pitchers, I took some group shots of the mini-bogs, or tubs actually, that I keep most of my Sarracenia in.

bucket8.jpg

bucket4.jpg

These first two are from the same tub, I'll ID via the 2nd pic. The one in the middle is leucophylla x moorei - open-pollinated. The tall one to the right is an unknown. The one in the back is 'Boob Tube' - open-pollinated. The small, red one (front left) is unknown. The small one to the right of that is 'Abnorma'. To the left of the Boob Tube - OP, behind the red unknown, is a small 'Judith Adrian'.

bucket7.jpg

bucket3.jpg

These next two are also the same tub. Again, I'll go by the 2nd photo. Front left is 'Gin Goblin', front right is 'Ladies In Waiting' - open-pollinated. The green one in the middle is leucophllya x moorei - open-pollinated. The dark red one in the back is alata x flava - open-pollinated. In the first pic, the minor-ish looking one in the front, I think, is 'Godzuki'. Forgot to stick the label in when I planted it, and I have a couple other unlabelled, minor hybrids, so I'm not 100% sure it is.

bucket6.jpg

The leuco is 'Hurricane Creek White'. The tall one to the left that is just starting to open is 'Ladies In Waiting' - open-pollinated. Behind the leuco is an unknown "Grab bag" from Lois. It looks to be some kind of moorei. The reddish one to the right of the leuco is also a "Grab bag" from Lois. In the front, pretty much knocked over (we had severe storms earlier in the day), is an alabamensis x minor. One pitcher is visible, the other is laying on the ground.

bucket5.jpg

The tall red one is alata x flava - open-pollinated (this is my largest "seedling" - it germinated Feb. 2008). In front of that, the dark, large-mouthed one is oreophila x willisii - open-pollinated. To the left of that is 'Judith Adrian'. The one on the far-right is 'Scarlett Belle' x 'Hummer's Hammerhead'. Behind and right of the tall, red one is a small S. minor, and behind and left of the tall, red one is a small wrigleyana x flava.

bucket2.jpg

Ok, this one will be a little harder to do. Way in the back is 'Tarnok'. There's a 'Daina's Delight' to the right of it, but it is pretty much obscured by other plants. Right in front of the 'Tarnok' is 'Mardi Gras', but that too is hard to see in this pic. To the left of the 'Tarnok', the small, pinkish one is an alata x leucophylla. In front of that is 'Ladies In Waiting'. The tall, green one in the middle is leucophllya x flava rugelli. The tall red one to the right of it, kind of bent at an odd angle, is 'Red Sumatra'. The large minor hybrid in the middle is 'Imhotep'. In front of that is 'Dixie Lace'. On the far right, up against the bench, the small, red plant is readii x (flava x catesbaei). Front right, is oreophila x purpurea, and to its left is a catesbaei, that was ravaged by the storm. Also, way in the back is a bog rosemary plant I bought at a native plant nursery. They had it growing in regular garden soil, so I was unsure how it would adapt being stuck in sphagnum, but it's doing very well.

bucket9.jpg

The one in the middle is 'Medusa'. To the right of it is a leucophylla, and also a small catesbaei between them. Front-left is 'Bug Pipes'. Front-middle is another unlabelled minor hybrid, that may or may not be 'Godzuki'. Behind 'Bug Pipes' is a small "grab bag" from Lois that appears to be a rubra of some sort. Behind 'Medusa' is yet another of Lois' "grab bag" unknowns. Looks to be a leucophylla, or leucophylla hybrid (the narrow, unopened pitcher in the back).

lastly, a single pitcher of 'Doreen's Colossus', which certainly lives up to its name. The width:height ratio of the lid and mouth certainly appear much larger than anything I've ever grown:
bucket1.jpg

Last edited:
Doreen's Colossus... what a lovely hybrid! Flava x oreophila, was it?

you have some seriously stellar sarrs =)

Any chance you could list which beauties you have pictured there?

Yeah, what's the fat pitcher called?

Wow, they all look lovely! Nicely done!

Looking good! What is the dainty one on the right of this picture?

bucket3.jpg

Nice collection! I'll second Alexis, that large mouthed one on the right is quite the looker.

Also, in the top pic, what plant is to the right? The one that looks like Moorei? And then which one looks like boob tube?

Very nice collection!

Any chance you could list which beauties you have pictured there?

i will edit the post and ID them

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

Looking good! What is the dainty one on the right of this picture?

bucket3.jpg

an open-pollinated 'Ladies In Waiting'. I have 3 total, they all germinated Feb. of 2008. And they are all pretty different from each other, and all are pretty cool looking, in my opinion.

I like your Gin Goblin a lot! :awesome:

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the group pictures I really enjoy seeing how other people grow sarracenia. I wish my Leucophylla would for the bigger pitches mine are still tall and skinny.

Back