What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has my Sarr Bitten off More Than it Can Chew?

Well, recently there have been a lot of flies around my Sarracenia bog. A lot of flies are usually around here in general. Anyways, one Sarracenia of mine, the Rubra, did not have enough digestive fluids to reach the one fly; my Rubra is filled to the top with bugs. Now, the fly is just flying around inside. Is this bad?
Also, my Sarracenia Purpurea Ssp. Purpurea pitchers have no fluids. I remember hearing that if you put water in the Purpurea, the water will become digestive fluids. Is this true? If not, should I just leave the Purpurea pitchers alone?

Shouldnt be bad for the Rubra.
Yes, put water in the Purp pitchers. All Purp pitchers use water, at least as far as I know.

purpurea dont produce digestive juices as far as I know...water collects in the pitchers and supposedly bacteria and other microorganisms help with digestion.

Ok, thanks for the info.

Back