What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

I have to admit, I've never seen a hummingbird on a Sarracenia before. This is new. It looks like you had an excellent seed yield this year.

Love that Hurricane Creek White "selfed"...the white and green contrast is very easy on the eyes!

So,.. after looking at these again I really like the Leucophylla Alba x Flava Rubricorpora and the unknown hybrid. I'm really starting to take a liking to the floppy lid look.

I have to admit, I've never seen a hummingbird on a Sarracenia before. This is new. It looks like you had an excellent seed yield this year.

The hummingbirds here is SoCal don't seem to be very afraid of humans and when I'm working out in the collection they will come buzzing right by my head and scare the hell out of me. I've actually had them come check me out face to face about 10 or 12 inches away on more than one occasion. Really strange!

Yes it was a great seed harvest this year. I did about 70 crosses last spring. I'll probably be doing a giveaway here in the near future.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Love that Hurricane Creek White "selfed"...the white and green contrast is very easy on the eyes!

Thanks Scott. I agree it has nice soft contrasting color. It was a seedling that finally matured this year. I'm looking forward to this one getting bigger.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

So,.. after looking at these again I really like the Leucophylla Alba x Flava Rubricorpora and the unknown hybrid. I'm really starting to take a liking to the floppy lid look.

Thanks Mass. How about this for a floppy lid?
1004685800x601.jpg

Love it!

You seriously have one of the best sarracenia collections ever :clap:

Thanks.

So how about something new? Here is my first nice pitcher of S.'Leah Wilkerson' x 'Reptilian Rose' exactly 1 year 9 months old. I have a few more siblings that are starting to get some size and color on them too. We’ll see how they all turn out.

1005415601x800.jpg

1005413601x800.jpg

1005417601x800.jpg

1005416601x800.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, just beautiful plants Fred! Thanks for sharing!

Love it!

Oh wow! And I don't think the hummingbirds have figured out yet, a year on, how to extract useful food out of my plants despite some Nepenthes xcampanulata crosses being dripping with it.

I like that cross! I has a lot of characteristics that I like in Sarracenia all at once.

Such beautiful plants! I see the occasional hummingbird on my porch, where the Sarracenias are. I don't see them actually feeding on anything and by the time i get my camera out - they've gone!

Thanks.

We have more hummingbirds than flies around here. There were 10 on our feeder yesterday with 3 more jockeying for position. It was pretty comical.

Coloring up nicely! Could be a keeper!

1005458601x800.jpg

:O That is definitely a keeper!

Some pitchers still hanging on late in the season:

Leucophylla x Rubra ssp. Gulfensis

1005481601x800.jpg

1005480601x800.jpg

1005431601x800.jpg

1005485601x800.jpg

S. "Orange Sunset"
1005441601x800.jpg

1005420601x800.jpg

oh wow, I love those! The "Orange Sunset" is especially gorgeous!

Did you post these just to tease me? LOVE the "Orange Sunset"!

very nice great color in the variation too , very nicely take pic's too pro job thanks for sharing
J

Back