What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Tarnok isn't Doing at All Well. Help??

avN3F.jpg

This plant doesn't put up tall pitchers anymore, and I've trimmed off a few yellowed ones, that are rather "woody" toward the bottom. Real woody. There's another Tarnok in the same planter, and I think it's doing fine (but maybe it's just better by comparison).

M0z4M.jpg

I can take more pics if they'd help. Could it not be planted deeply enough? I don't know. :-(

Don't worry. Mine is like that. Has been since it woke up. Just keep doing what you're doing, that's what I did.Tarnok gets like that for me.
Wait until you see it in the fall!

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

BTW, this should be in the Sarr forum, not the Trading Post

I thought you told me your Tarnoks died... Did they look like this before dying, or did they recover, or what? Are they always like this?

Oh my, I have no idea how I messed that up. I meant to put it in the Sarr forum. Is it possible for it to be moved?

Tarnok does look great in the fall, so just wait. It isn't dying at all.

A mod would be able to move it.
I meant the one Tarnok I got from NHWG in May, the whole plant turned dry and died.
These are how mine look now, and have looked for a while. Small lids, small pitchers, but they usually get better in the fall.

All righty, guess I'll just keep watering them as usual and hope things get better in the fall. Thanks. :-D

Ditto what everyone said. Mine looks just like yours. It's my first year growing a leuco and can't wait to see it in the fall!

Good luck with yours!

Mine also are small slender tubes at best right now. It is a small one and this was its first winter since I bought it. For the longest time I didn't think there was hope. But it is finally starting to perk up and send actual pitchers up, albeit not end of summer pitchers. It had sent up some green leaves that were flat non pitcher like. Hang in there and you'll be rewarded.

I've got a Leuco I've had for over 20 years. When I first got it, it did nothing but send up phyllodia for the first 5 years before I saw any pitchers or flowers. I have 2 tarnok that look just like yours. It's what Leuco's do. Hang in there.

I just read last night that tarnoks don't like to sit in water and need better drainage than other pitcher plants. I water mine with the tray method the same way and as often as I water all my other pitcher plants (except nepenthes). Should I not have them sit in water?

Back