What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"H. neblinae"

• Thread starter Av8tor1
  • Start date
Untill recently there was a lot of confusion surrounding this species.

Here are two variants found on this side of the pond
Both from a highly respected source

1st example:
Pubescent interior but not exterior... maybe some tatei influence
neblinae1.jpg

neblinae2.jpg

2nd example:
Pubescent interior with a waxy, glabrous upper region
neblinae4.jpg

neblinae3.jpg

neblinae5.jpg

group.jpg

thanks for looking
Av

You and your stellar helis :rolleyes:

I'm anxious to get the H. neblinae var. parva that has recently become available..

one of two neblinae holy grails

:)

hey av, do you have h.exappendiculata in your collection ?

yes, but its tiny...

:0o: Wow! Your Helis are awesome!

Glad to see allthe pulchellas are doing well, didn't really expect anything less from you though :p
Thanks for the comparatives, you'll have to keep us updated with some more pics when the new addition gets of size to give us some visuals rather than having to solely resort to text.

:hail::hail::hail:

Best heli I've seen.

:drool: heli farm.

:hail::hail::hail::hail:

WHAT THE.........:0o:.......:-O......:drool:

Always a great effort, Butch. Glad also to hear that you're on the "parva train." I didn't want to be the only guy going broke . . .

fantastic mate. Sooo wonderful. I love that color. :D

I wish I had your equipment and economic resources.... and that camera!

As always, BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you all for such nice comments :hail:

Av

Great looking Heli as always :)
Is the 2nd example Wistubas Red Clone form?
Looking at your Tank photo is the one in the middle which has an unopened pitcher with a yellow tip a H. chimantensis? What is the very large red Heli just behind it? A Tequila??

cheers

bill

Great looking Heli as always :)
Is the 2nd example Wistubas Red Clone form?
Looking at your Tank photo is the one in the middle which has an unopened pitcher with a yellow tip a H. chimantensis? What is the very large red Heli just behind it? A Tequila??

cheers

bill

Good eye Bill,

It wasn't purchased or labeled as his red clone, but you have to wonder from it's appearance. I think the first one is the older clone line from the first expedition.

The yellow tip is indeed chimantensis, it seems to do that as a result of over aggressive root feeding. It tends to be one of my indicator species.

12:00 from it is a tequila, but the large red one at it's 2:00 is a H. tatei from BE... but I have serious doubts as to that identification.

I'm looking forward to A. Fleischmann's Heli DNA research whenever it finally get's published.
Should clear up a lot of the mud.

Av

IMG_1323_hf.jpg

(18-55mm kit lens)

Back