What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes in pitcher lids

Well as my S. x 'purple people eater' is growing rapidly larger and producing bigger pitchers, it is beginning to show its separation from other pitcher plants that I've seen and why it will be a beautiful plant once it fully matures. Here are some pictures showing the progress and changes! Unfortunately my camera doesn't do the best with pics like this so the coloration seen doesn't do it justice!

First pitcher it had when I received it.
P1080705.JPG

P1080707.JPG

First pitcher it produced under my care a few weeks ago.
P1080810.jpg

Now notice the latest pitcher it produced, how much larger it is and the difference in the hood size and coloration.
P1080853.jpg

P1080851.jpg

P1080852.jpg

P1080854.jpg

I REALLY like that plant!

I REALLY like that plant!

Me too, it's getting more and more impressive as it's producing bigger and larger pitchers! Supposedly these pitchers can grow over 2 feet tall on a fully mature plant, mine are only about 8" or so high so it has a lot more growing to do it would seem! Can't wait to see what it will look like next year.

That's a crazy looking hood :0o:

Back