What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

petmantis

ermahgerd
S. purpurea subsp. venosa var. burkii f. luteola (What a mouthful.... :D ) From Liberty County, Florida of course.

1 of my 2-year-old seedlings (The most pic-worthy, that is. :p)
DSC09420.jpg

S. psittacina 'Green Rosette' from Baldwin County, Alabama. A flowering-sized plant, but an extremely slow grower unfortunately....
DSC09421.jpg

S. purpurea subsp. purpurea f. heterophylla. A.k.a, the beast. Flip-flop for reference :D
DSC09427.jpg

Unfortunately, the 5 seedlings of S. purpurea subsp. venosa AF (that would complete my AF purp collection) had been killed a few weeks ago. :censor:

This one doesn't really belong in this thread, since it isn't a prostrate Sarr... but :D

My S. flava var. maxima (Anthocyanin-free, of course) from Brunswick, NC. Seedgrown, too = uniqueness :D
DSC09426.jpg

Out of all the plants I took photos of, this one is the crappiest. Go figure. :crazy:

I definitely need a better camera. @_@

Last edited:
Nice plants! You should put them together in a bog with something REALLY BRIGHT RED :lol:

Very nice! :D Thanks for sharing!

Nice plants! You should put them together in a bog with something REALLY BRIGHT RED :lol:

Like purple sphagnum?

Try this: S. purp hetero in a bog up in QC. Photo by Tom on the OCPS.
IMG_2331.jpg

Perfection, IMHO.

YES! Omg you have to go get 5 gallons of red sphag and pot it up immediately :-D

I am hoping to get red Sphag soon! Will definately put it around my green plants!!!!
Nice plants, BTW.
Just so you don't have to be jealous, I was unable to get a Brunswick Beauty!

Tommy Landry?

YES! Omg you have to go get 5 gallons of red sphag and pot it up immediately :-D

After I divide the 5 or so plants in there, in the spring. Now, to find some all-red plants to go with very light green moss :-)) The contrast would be insane. :0o:

I am hoping to get red Sphag soon! Will definately put it around my green plants!!!!
Nice plants, BTW.
Just so you don't have to be jealous, I was unable to get a Brunswick Beauty!

Awww, well keep a lookout for it! :D

Nice Sarrs!

Back