What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

another ceph

uphwiz

jimmy
I'm sure you guys are starting to get tired of my cephs, but I couldn't help it, this was just starring at me as I cleaned the shelf out a little today.
I'm mesmerized with this one pitcher , it stands out from all the others.:0o:
IMG_2932.jpg
IMG_2934.jpg

Whoa.
*speechless/mesmerized*

Sweet lookin ceph

Nice! I need a Ceoh but I will wait till they drop to $15 for an XS plant... I'm too scared to get a bigger plant/more expensive, cause if I kill it...

*drooling sounds* mostly the way the plant says feed me, and yes, I'm drooling a little too.

That is nice!

Jimmy,
Nice looking pitcher & especially well done macro shot in the 2nd picture. Seeing all of those teeth at the same time is impressive. Good job! :hail:

Well done! I like the green racing stripes too. :)

Lovely/unusual colouration :)

Nice! I need a Ceoh but I will wait till they drop to $15 for an XS plant... I'm too scared to get a bigger plant/more expensive, cause if I kill it...
Are they anywhere near approaching that price in the US? You can get a young plant, with immature pitchers, for approximately that price in the UK.

Very nice!

Are they anywhere near approaching that price in the US?

Seems like $50 is about average here in the US for a decent little plant. Mine seems bored. i put it in a terrarium filled with living LFS but so far still acclimating I guess.

I need to get a ceph. They always look like mini, cooler, neps to me...
unfortunately, I don't know when I'll have the money...

Oh wow, Upwhiz! That's so amazing, how old is your Ceph?

I got mine for $25. It's seriously small, with a bunch of pitchers around 1.5cm tall or so.

its a division of one i got around first of the year , they grow pretty fast for me.
though i wouldnt advise putting the too close to the t-5's unless you aare there to water every day ive almost lost one in particular a couple the lids start to close and i have to water and set it a bit further away from the lights for a day or two. i need to divide it, it's from the same place that the last pictured division came from.
it has the coolest coloring.

Those have great coloration!

Those who don't have cephs yet: take the plunge. I've found them to be tough nuggets once settled in. It took mine a few months to show any new growth after I received it, but it's grown steadily since and I have been able to divide it successfully. After neps cephs are my favorite cp.

this one division is still keeping the odd coloration, here is an update, its also making massive pitchers , even larger than the other two divisions from the same plant ,divided at the same time.
anyone know why this one is so far advanced , could it b the main growth point from the six i got in the division.
IMG_3278.jpg
IMG_3272.jpg

anyone know why this one is so far advanced
Why do some develop darker pitchers than others next to them?
Why do some cuttings / pullings take 1-3 months to sprout and others 8 months to a year?
Why do some new plants develop adult pitchers in less than 4 months and others 18 months?
Cephs are full of mini-quandary's - each time I think I resolve one of their little mysteries, they let me know that I indeed, have not. Kudos to them ... :clap:

Your cephs are always looking so awesome. Very nicely grown.

Back