What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New heli and happy ceph.

Exo

Tastes like chicken!
Here's a pic of my new H.nutans that I got from Kgrudz, I know it isn't very impressive yet but it's my first heli and my favorite species, so I'm proud none the less...

Hnutans.jpg

This is the ceph I got that died back to the ground, all the growth that you see is only 3 months worth....I can thank Av8tor1 and his excellent advice for that. ;)

cephalotus.jpg

Very happy ceph. What's the advice of Av8tor1? Can you share with us? :-O

Here's a pic of my new H.nutans that I got from Kgrudz, I know it isn't very impressive yet but it's my first heli and my favorite species, so I'm proud none the less...

Hnutans.jpg

This is the ceph I got that died back to the ground, all the growth that you see is only 3 months worth....I can thank Av8tor1 and his excellent advice for that. ;)

cephalotus.jpg

quite unusual coloring on the ceph. So pale. But still looks good and glad it got resurrected!

:-O Are you saying they can come back? Maybe that's whats happening to my first ceph I thought I'd killed, by putting it outside (i'm such a dumb ***, it was beautiful and healthy too)
I've got somerthing growing in the same pot....hummmm

Very happy ceph. What's the advice of Av8tor1? Can you share with us? :-O

Well, the first part of advice is to use an open mix more akin to what you'd use for neps, it origionally came in a peat/sand mix that was way too dense. The new mix is pine mulch/charcoal/sand/peat/APS/LFS.

The second part was to water them similar to a nep, I water it often, but never let it sit in water.

The final part and one of the strangest is to fertillize with urea free orchid fert at 1/4 strength every month. I think this may be one of the reasons it has grown back so fast.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

quite unusual coloring on the ceph. So pale. But still looks good and glad it got resurrected!

I blast the thing with light that is strong enough to turn nep leaves and sundews red.....it stays the color that you see in the pic, it just gets a red "blush".

I blast the thing with light that is strong enough to turn nep leaves and sundews red.....it stays the color that you see in the pic, it just gets a red "blush".

Hi EXO

You'll find if you expose your ceph to bright light and cold conditions in autumn/fall your ceph will colour up in reds and purples. Just make sure it doesn't get colder than around 5 degree's celsius.

Cheers

Hi EXO

You'll find if you expose your ceph to bright light and cold conditions in autumn/fall your ceph will colour up in reds and purples. Just make sure it doesn't get colder than around 5 degree's celsius.

Cheers

That's really interesting....because I've noticed that now that the night temps are getting down to about 62F the ceph is starting to get a reddish blush on more of the pitchers.....you seem to be on to something. ;)

Looks great!!!!!!

Back