What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats this now?

I have a Danas Delight.

The past few days/weeks/months have been blisteringly hot. I have kept my plant in shade for most of that time and well watered, especially after the massacre of dryness that i put it through a few years ago.

Anyways, it's been doing okay, i cut and plucked all of the dead pitchers out recently, a few new pitchers growing in this month. I went out there tonight and while I was doing something else I noticed a few of the pitchers bent over oddly. When i went to straighten them out they were completely limp. They felt wet and cold and were not dry at all. There are about 5-7 new half grown pitchers doing this. What is the deal, I have never seen this before. They are all just like wet spaghetti noodles.

That's a watering issue, as I can see it....

Are you keeping it well watered right now?

I water it once a day basically as I've always done. Not sure about the amount, but if it's dried out at the bottom of the plate it sits on, i pour until water starts to drain out a little. Lately, every day it gets so hot all the visible water has evaporated completely.

You think it's too much water or not enough?

Generally speaking, all species of Sarracenia and their hybrids like to be grown sitting in water. Given your daily watering, it probably didnt notice, but with the sudden heat it probably wilted. Just a suggestion. Try leaving an inch of water in the saucer and refill it when the saucer gets empty.

Back