What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TheFury

Oh, the humanity!!
Hey y'all - thought I might share a pic of this S. Mardi Gras I have. It's on my windowsill right now going dormant. To be quite honest I haven't been raising it under ideal conditions. I got it about three months ago and had it situated about 15" from a 23 watt cfl bulb. I wasn't even giving it pure RO water until a month ago. Sheesh.

Anyway, the hoods on the other three pitcher of this plant have withered as you can see in the pic. Hopefully this is a sign of dormancy and not something more serious. I'm thinking it's the former since I believe this plant is sending up a single phyllodium, hopefully with more to follow.

I just LOVE the color of this thing!! I hope it can hold up (maybe not thrive, but at least not die) under artificial light, as this is the only option I have for raising my CPs. Around the time I put this thing on my window sill I also set up a grow rack (see my signature) with decent lighting and conditions, so hopefully after this thing makes it out of dormancy it will be a little happier... just a little.

I'm optimistic since the species that went into this hybrid all seem to be relatively tolerant of lower light levels... by sarr standards at least. I believe S. Mardi Gras is: [(Sarracenia leucophylla × Sarracenia purpurea) × (Sarracenia leucophylla × Sarracenia psittacina)]

Enough of the jibber jabber. Here's the pic!!

photo.JPG

If this thing survives it will definitely be my favorite CP!!

EDIT: P.S., being from New Orleans, I'm thrilled to see a CP that takes a name of the single greatest holiday on earth. I make a point to go to Mardi Gras every year... a family tradition!

Back