What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Winterizing Help!

I buried a 3" pot of wild blackberry a friend of mine sent me last year. Being that it was only 3" it wasn't that deep in the ground, but luckily we had that gigantic snow storm :0o: last year and I think that is what insulated it and it survived!

I dont think you *can* actually keep the plants from freezing in zones 6 and below..
and once they freeze, they can stay frozen for months..thats really why it doesnt work..

Scot

I buried a 3" pot of wild blackberry a friend of mine sent me last year. Being that it was only 3" it wasn't that deep in the ground, but luckily we had that gigantic snow storm :0o: last year and I think that is what insulated it and it survived!

Oh yes, that snowstorm. I remember going outside in barefeet to get my purp pot from my porch(it was buried in snow, the only pot I left out) and I ran inside screaming cause my feet were frozen solid.
I'll show you what I do with the pots next time you're over. Last year I mulched the bog though, and all I lost was an already weak Lueco

Back