What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephy Goodness, They are here.

hello tf, here are some pictures of the baby cephs i got from the czech republic. there is a total of 44 little guys.

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

IMG_2371.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_2373.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

Man what a load of Cephalotus! What is the weird substrate matter in the pots though???

Man what a load of Cephalotus! What is the weird substrate matter in the pots though???

I was wondering the same thing. Looks like a top layer of Horticultural silica sand.

its just a layer of silica sand. keeps the peat in place and keeps the top a little drier than the rest.

Very nice Cephs Kgrudz by the way. You will have some good trading material in the near future.

that is the plan ! thanks nep. they were a little smaller than expected but it will be fun to grow them all.

that is the plan ! thanks nep. they were a little smaller than expected but it will be fun to grow them all.

I agree. I wish the best for you and I hope all of them do well for you.

looking good....you should probably have some sort of ventilation---cephs dont like wet/hot/humid conditions....

i have a pretty powerful fan, im acclimating them to my humidity so they wont be under there for to long.

I see that you've sprinkled them with salt for flavor. Soon they will be ready to eat.

hahaha!!! thats exactly why i got them

You're looking like a retailer!

awesome little plants :)
I saw you could not make holes in the pots without breaking them.
Maybe you could with a red hot nail or screwdriver.(heat it on the stove)

thats a good idea talie, melt a little hole.

That's a handful - for sure. :0o:

Are they all the same clone - typicals, named?

hey ron, they are all typical and i am pretty sure they are different clones but i am not certain so i am checking up on that now.

Awww.. they're adorable!! Can't wait to see them..

youll like em mass. itll be fun to grow from ity bity babies. i sent them potted in the plastic shot glass for you.

OH Hooray!! You already sent them? Little babies are fun. I can't wait..

Back