What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Vivarium Project.

We have been very busy the last few months, in the process of moving so some of my vivariums are being reworked/combined until we get everything settled down. This particular one will be staying as is. Anyway, here are some updated photo's, this vivariums has been set-up approx. 17 months.

I have not lost any plants from this vivarium yet (very odd), many of them are not doing much, but they are all still alive.

Overview as of 25 Apr 2012.

DSC_0113 by Simprs, on Flickr

Closeup of the fern (Microgramma vaccinifolia) putting out some leaves :-D, along with Utric (Utricularia pubescens) flowers and Drosera (Drosera capillaris) stalks. Once this U. pubescens started flowering it have never stopped. I recently removed about a 6" X 6" area of the Utric, so its not as full as it was. Also the Drosera has produced seed and seedling right in the middle of the Utric :-(.

DSC_0114 by Simprs, on Flickr

The Drosera (Drosera capillaris) fighting the Sphagnum moss for space.

DSC_0115 by Simprs, on Flickr

The 3 Cephalotus follicularis 'Vigorous' that now look like one.

DSC_0112 by Simprs, on Flickr

Closeup of the middle Cephalotus follicularis 'Vigorous', this photo does not do the lid justice, it has much better color than is shown.

DSC_0116 by Simprs, on Flickr

I definitely did not know cephs could grow that big in 1 year and 5 months.... Or ever!

It's filled in amazingly!

Very nice work - stayed amazingly clean as it grew in! :)

I'll be darned - That is absolutely gorgeous. I love it.

@RSS: beautiful plants regardless! welcome back and cant wait to see more from you!

I know this is 2+ yrs old. But holy crap that tank is fantastic RSS. Beautiful job. I want to create something similar with a rimless tank setup and LED lights.

Back