What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cobra plant from Lowe's

Hi i bought two cobra plant from Lowe's what should i do

So far here is what i have done acclamated it out of death cube and put in right soil mix and slowly put outside and i water it once evry two day i will do it more often in summer and i have it growing in ful sun am i doing anything wrong?

Soil mix? Define soil mix....as it gets warmer in spring your going to need to figure out how you are going to cool it's roots down... Darlingtonia need cool roots.

I put it in a soil mix of one parts peat moss one parts perlite one parts orchid mix and the orchid mix does not have any fertilizer in it. and i will poor cold distelled water once or twice a day depending on how hot it is.

I'm shocked to find out that Lowe's would have Darlingtonia! Besides the fact that they're difficult to maintain (or, at least, that's my limited understanding), I thought were rather difficult to find...

Are these seedlings?

The Darlingtonia instructional video on the DVD by Jacob Farin and Jeff Dallas actually suggests using a sort of "dripper" hooked up to a water pump, which essentially provides a constant flow of water to keep roots constantly cooling... If memory serves, they recommended pool supply stores to find some of this equipment...?

Good find! Very good luck to you!

yeah i have that video to and no they are almost mature plants not near seedlings.

Send them to Liz, in Florida!

Back