What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus "Big Boy"

My Cephalotus "Big Boy" has taken on some real nice colouration recently. I believe that this clone has not yet made it to the USA but it is in a few European growers collections. It was 'discovered' by a UK grower, Fred Green, 20+ years ago.

SS852452.JPG

SS852462.JPG

Oh very nice... must be Ceph time of the year from all the threads I'm seeing lately! I'm in heaven because most of mine are small so seeing mature pitchers like yours really do make me :drool:

I hope you don't mind...I just posted this for someone else as a little background on cephs in a different thread and I thought I'd post it here to so people can get a little more background:
http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24555&st=0

This is a beautiful specimen. Thanks for sharing.

Ooooh wow, gorgeous!

Wow - beautiful plant! I think I've seen more 'black' cephs this year than any other ... :0o:

Gorgeous ceph:)!

Nice ceph! I've read somewhere that the rim/teeth of the "Big Boy" ceph is a lot thicker or larger. Do you have any other cephs for comparison?

Nice ceph! I've read somewhere that the rim/teeth of the "Big Boy" ceph is a lot thicker or larger. Do you have any other cephs for comparison?
I have a mature typical and 'Hummer's Giant' so I could do a comparison tomorrow, when it's light.

Great looking plants!

Back