What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H. sp. "Angasima" photos

Hello Friends,

Here's a few quick shots of one of my Heliamphora sp. "Angasima" plants, with emphasis on the nectar spoon.

Please enjoy! :)

Brian

1169401909_Zcaxm-XL.jpg

1169401912_yvAzc-XL.jpg

1169401910_DKKCT-XL.jpg

1169401037_tbuJM-XL.jpg

1169401892_BLPnn-XL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Simply amazing

Beautiful!

Just beautiful... mine look like shredded lettuce. Do you find this one a little harder to grow? Mine just doesn't do anything so I'm thinking maybe it wants like... more light or something than the 'easier' Helis.

Thanks!

Thez, what are your growing conditions?

Brian

Thanks!

Thez, what are your growing conditions?

Brian

An open-topped terrarium on my balcony in San Diego... unusual, I know :-))

I keep all my heliamphora in about 1cm of standing water on grating in the terrarium, which I let drain (evaporation/use by the Helis) so they get a few days without being in water (roughly 1perlite: 1sphagnum mix). They get sunshine from about noon til sundown which is 5pmish these days, and it's about 65-70 degrees out by day in the winter now, and about 45-50 degrees by night. I assume the terrarium temperature is around 75 during the day due to the glass.

It's these tanks on the far right on the edge of the balcony:
P12200016.jpg

Hey Thez,

Hmmm...sounds about right. In my conditions, the lowest temps my Heliamphora see are usually around 60F in Winter and 70F in Summer, on a 12 hr. photoperiod. I never allow temps to go higher than 78F, but then again they are all grown indoors. Mix is... I'd say around 80% live sphagnum to 20% perlite and only watered from above and allowed to slightly dry between waterings.

IMO, and in my conditions, H. sp. "Angasima" seems to grow best in more lowland/intermediate conditions, much like H. folliculata does. :)

Happy Growing,

Brian

Spectacular shots, Brian! :clap:

Hey Thez,

Hmmm...sounds about right. In my conditions, the lowest temps my Heliamphora see are usually around 60F in Winter and 70F in Summer, on a 12 hr. photoperiod. I never allow temps to go higher than 78F, but then again they are all grown indoors. Mix is... I'd say around 80% live sphagnum to 20% perlite and only watered from above and allowed to slightly dry between waterings.

IMO, and in my conditions, H. sp. "Angasima" seems to grow best in more lowland/intermediate conditions, much like H. folliculata does. :)

Happy Growing,

Brian

Hmm..well maybe it just takes a while to settle in. Thanks for the advice :)

Awesome. It almost looks like a Sarracenia flava without the hood.

Any idea how tall a mature Angasima will be? I might want to get one for my terrarium eventually

Beautiful plant and great photos. As time goes by I find myself liking heli's more and more and wanting to obtain more.

WOW! astonishing!!

Gorgeous! I love that nectar spoon!

Back