What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Heliamphora neblinae variants

3 Wistuba variants :)

H. neblinae var. parva (current clone line)
parva.jpg

H. neblinae (purchased prior to the "red clone" designation IIRC)
neblinae2.jpg

H. neblinae (Old Wistuba clone line)
neblinae.jpg

Few misc images
H. sarraceniodes (Wistuba)
sarra.jpg

N. villosa
villosa.jpg

U. quelchii
quelchii.jpg

(Leaves seem to turn purple with age under my conditions)

Thanks for looking,
Av

Very beautiful! I'm not sure which variety mine could be, but all of those are very nice.

That is a very decent Nepenthes villosa I must say, very impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stunning plants, every single one of them!

I really like the Utricularia quelchii leaf-color.

very nice, the red clone is magnificent. I think it would be interesting to see a photo of them all together to easily see the differences. :-D

very nice, the red clone is magnificent. I think it would be interesting to see a photo of them all together to easily see the differences. :-D

Agreed, as soon as I have good mature examples of each.

Obvious difference of the Heliamphora neblinae var. parva is it's heavily pubescent exterior. Likewise, the early mature adult pitchers of my "red clone" exhibit what appears to be a very waxy interior region just under the nectar spoon. I have not observed this trait on the other two yet.

I am curious if this tendency is stable as it ages.

C12, thanks.... to be honest my plants have been neglected for months, it's a wonder they look as good as they do.
Av

Agreed, as soon as I have good mature examples of each.
t my plants have been neglected for months, it's a wonder they look as good as they do.
Av

IMO neglected plants seem to get what they seem to need most...tranquility. In your care it's no wonder they look so well cared for.

Good to see you back Av, I know many have missed your presence on the forums... Beautiful magnificently colored plants as always mate =)

-Yann~bo

Great plants B. Seems like your plants have thrived through your hiatus.

Wonderfully-colored examples of coveted plants once again grace the pages of TerraForums. Welcome back Sir! :hail:
H. neblinae var. parva
The current Nepenthes edwardsiana of Heliamphora ... (didn't realize that you bit the bullet...)

Few misc images
H. sarraceniodes (Wistuba)
While I like nectar spoons, this one seems to anchor the other end of the spectrum and provides a great contrast to all those in-between. Someday, one will be mine... Bwaaaaaaaaa :crazy:

N. villosa
Definitely looks happy - now you know the secret to growing these guys - neglect!

U. quelchii(Leaves seem to turn purple with age under my conditions)
The largest leaf on my U. geminiloba has also decided to turn an odd color (& I'm not even trying to fry it with my lights!)

Thanks for looking
Thanks for sharing! :hail:

C12, thanks.... to be honest my plants have been neglected for months, ...
We're quite familiar with the feeling ... :0o: (Sorry - couldn't resist) :-))

...it's a wonder they look as good as they do.
If only the same could be said about my wife's spouse ... :-O

That Nepenthes villosa looks very healthy. Quite a feat to get it to that size I would imagine.

:-O .... :drool:

*throws whole Heliamphora collection into the trash where they belong in comparison*

:hail: I'm not worthy :0o:

:drool:
absolutely...magnificent...

Wow, beautiful plants as always. Thanks for sharing!!!

In the H. sarraceniodes (Wistuba) picture, what is the Heli on the far right? It almost looks like a Sarracenia flava.

wolfn,

If we are looking at the same plant it is H. nutans

Ron, LOL..... I hear ya

Good to be back and thanks all for the kind words

Great plants as always Butch...

Good to see you alive and kickin, ; )

Happy Growing,

Brian

Thanks Brian.... those recent helis pics of yours are stunning mate
Beautiful lighting....

Butch

update

The red clone's adult pitcher showing the waxy looking interior, water even beads on it.
red_neblinae1.jpg

red_neblinae2.jpg

Immature pitcher of the same plant showing a pubescent rim to the waxy interior.
red_neblinae3.jpg

Older Wistuba clone showing a heavily pubescent interior
old_neblinae.jpg

Exterior is basically devoid of hairs except for the top of the nectar spoon and front seam.

Av

woah! a chrome interior on the last one! :D

Very cool. That new pitcher is magnificent!

Professor Tincher.....your plants are REDIKUHLUS!

Geez Butch, as usual, terrific plants! You really seemed to have dialed in the ideal conditions for them.

Phil

Back