What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unusual carnivorous flowers

A white flowered S. Venosa Burkeii flower
DSC00204.jpg

a double flowered P.Caerulea
DSC00203.jpg

Weird!..I have one too.....deformed P.moranensis flower missing a lobe.

Pmoranensis_12-17-10.jpg

Yes. Strange isn't it. i once had a double headed Rubra pitcher. By the way your pings look very nice. I grow all of the southeastern Pings from Pumila to Ionantha, and right now they are all in flower.

a double flowered P.Caerulea
DSC00203.jpg

That Caerulea looks amazing. My Caerulea has really flat leaves and looks almost like a Primuiflora when not in flower (I know it's not because it flowered multiple times and is confirmed to be Caerulea). How do you make the leaves so curved? Is it perhaps a drier soil or something? Mine is in peat/sand.

Aside from all my Ionantha but one, and a pot of Pumila, all my Pings grow in a large plastic tupperware container. I use nothing but dried long fibered spahgnum for all my plants and it's kept very wet. The plant in question just happens to be that type of variant with curved leaves. What you don't see is a small colony of Caerulea with flat leaves that started out as one plant and like Primulflora over the years has cloned itself by leaf budding until now there's a small colony with approx 10 flowers and plants. I have found that what these plants do in the wild, what people have observed and what they sometimes do is totally different from each other. By the way, those Pings to the left are Primulflora. What also isn't shown is a white flowered variant of Ionantha( the only one in the large container ). There is also, P. Lutea, Filiformis Tracyii and Filiformis Filiformis Florida Red.

Nice looking flowers!

Pictures are gone

Back