What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Sarracenia in Washington State!

Indoor plants are always a good way to cope with winter ;)

What do you grow indoors? I would love to have some in the house.

Put it on a homemade "Humidity Tray". I hear it can help.
2011-04-24_15-11-24_472.jpg

Plus I just spotted this little sprout coming up. I think I have a winner here :)
2011-04-24_15-11-33_222.jpg

I don't live in Washington, but I live in a pretty similar place, climatically speaking, anyway (we just don't have the forests, and our summers are probably a bit cooler). I grew up in this sort of weather, and you will probably grow to like it too (I do, anyway). It really makes you appreciate the few warm, sunny days! The worst parts are probably the wet and dark winters, but that's only a 1/4 of the year!
Good luck, I hope you warm to your new, green home!
Also, if you're in Washington, you really don't need the humidity tray! Nature has already provided it ;)

I think you are right about this being alot like England haha Rains like crazy here. I thought the Humidty tray might help while I wait on rain water to fall from the sky :) We've had a beautiful past 3 days without rain and all sun.

I understand why you need the tray now! Yeah, I would say that the weather is pretty similar. We're both on the edge of massive oceans, etc. Where I live is quite rainy for England, but If I drive for about an hour to the west, about 124 inches of rain falls there each year. It's a lot ??? ! Spring is always the driest season here, so if it is the same in Washington, you might be able to enjoy a bit more of the sun! We have just come out of an unusual hot and dry spell of weather, lasted about 2 weeks, and we hit 70F! We're back to normal now, though - cold, cloudy and light showers during the day. On the bright-side, it makes keeping plants wet pretty easy :awesome:

Humidity trays can definitely be nice, but remember it needs to have its feet wet.

Feet are wet today :) Got alot of rain haha

Haha, surprise surprise!

Back