What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So After a month of not paying attention

to my dying Darlingtonia, (and paying lots of attention to my Sarracenia rubra, VFT, Sundews and Neps) it has put out two new pitchers. I have no idea wtf happened. But i am happy about it, and wanted to share the news here. that is all.

Probably it wasn't dying at all - just last year's pitchers browning off before coming out of dormancy.

Do you have a picture?

downloadoy.jpg

Looking at the pot, it likes a lowes rescue to me.

Lowes rescues alwats deteriorate before making tiny traps that suddenly get HUGE compared to any of the traps.

Hay hay, it's a stolon offset! This happened to me this year too, although the mother plant is fine. I really wasn't expecting it! I just noticed something sticking out of the sphag, and after moving it out of the way, voila! When the mother comes back, you'll have 2 plants :awesome:

It is a lowes rescue. I am hoping to get it moved to a larger pot later since there are now 2 plants in there. and the older one has a little new growth as well.

What will be the best medium and best time to repot this guy. i worry about the pitchers so close to the side of the pot thing it is in now

Back