What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring, the most wonderful time of the year IMO! Here are a few pics of what spring is like around here...

I hope you enjoy them.

Pink Venus working on a flower stalk.
EDIT: oops. This isn't pink venus. It is Big Mouth.
vfto.jpg

Group Shot. S. rubra ssp. alabamensis in the front.
sarrpots.jpg

A flytrap shop purchase. S. leucophylla "alba top" x flava var rubricorpora
satfr2.jpg

Top view
satfr.jpg

Another flytrap shop purchase. S. leucophylla "alba top" x flava var ornata
satfo.jpg

Top view
satfo2.jpg

Something sucking on my S. 'Reptilian Rose':censor:
reptilianrose.jpg

S. 'John Smith'
johnsmith.jpg

S. 'Judith Hindle'
13210768.jpg

D. filiformis
filiformis.jpg

S. 'Craig Rudman' flower and pitcher.
30188867.jpg

S. 'White Knight' flower.
whiteknightflower.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. Still waiting on my sarrs to break dormancy ... =/

Alot of this growth is from within the last two weeks. We have had a string of warm, sunny days. I don't keep track, but it seems they are ahead of schedule for my area.

Oooh, lovely! :D

Looking good!

Beautiful, thanks for sharing!

Very nice to see others' Sarrs are waking up. Your flowers are very nice, especially that last one. The dry winds are desiccating the petals of my flowers and they aren't lasting very long.

Thanks all.

@joossa Mine last a week or two I think. What I have to watch out for are winds. With all of the fronts coming through this time of year we can see some pretty turbulent weather.

I have lost one flower already due to high winds. It was a S. flava that I self pollenated so I wasn't too upset.

Update: Got a few more beauties opening up...

The one and only (that I am aware of) utric in my collection. Possibly U. subulata as suggested by fellow TF members. This is the only fully developed flower I have ever seen in my pots. Most are undeveloped. There is a term for it, but I can't remember what it is.
img0091xrc.jpg

img0094v.jpg

Next if one of my favorite sarracenia. It's not of flowering size yet, but I can tell it is going to be a beauty.
S. flava var atropurpurea
img0089vj.jpg

Lastly, another great sarracenia. It reminds me of a frilled lizard for some reason.
S. 'Craig Rudman' I think Craig Rudman is a S. xCatesbaei backcross, which if my memory serves from college genetics that means it is S. (flava x purpurea) x (flava x purpurea) or maybe S. flava x (flava x purpurea)??. Interesting looking regardless. It has hints of both rugelli and rubricorpora IMO. Perhaps those were the flava parents? I think the exact cross is secret.
img0088vl.jpg

img0087gs.jpg

Last edited:
Red Pirahna
26823685.jpg

Two more beauties in full swing now.
S. flava var rubricorpora (Larger) and S. flava var rubricorpora Liberty Co., FL (smaller)
rubri2.jpg

rubri.jpg

Back