What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceph rewarding me

You know, there is just something to the beauty of a Ceph... This poor guy almost died about a month ago so I put him in new and better potting media. Now he is seeming very happy! since then he has put outa bunch of new growth (everything green) I don't think I have ever posted a picture of a ceph before - but man, they are so easy to look at!

Ceph HG
cephnewPs2.jpg

Awww...So purty! :-O

Good job with that guy!

Never?!?!? Your avatar tells another story. OH, and THAT ceph is putting out new growth like crazy. Even put up a 2nd growth point. ;)
Love the HG btw.. keep us posted with plenty of updates.

Ah, good point mass HAHAHA! I guess I have shown the ceph in my avatar... I'll post more as it colors up. I'm glad to hear that ceph is done acclimating, have you got a recent picture of it up?

I do not.. was going to wait for it's first pitcher to open. Out of the 3 pitchers in your avatar, it only kept the one in the center. But in place of the other two, I got a new growth point. So I'm not complaining.

Great plant. Love the contrast between the pitcher colors.

What soil are you using? It looks so sandy, yet I can tell there's other stuff in it too. The soil color contrasts nicely against the green pitchers.

Ooh nice! Mine haven't picked up making pitchers for the year yet 'cause they still making non-carnivorous leaves.

Thats a very beautiful plant. Good job on the recovery:).

Nice save!

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

nightsky - I know, I do too! they come out such a sharp and crisp green color and then they go the nice burgundy color.

wolfn - errrr, that is an excellent question. I THINK it is the same as the bag I have labled as (3 peat - 2 silica - 1 fine perlite - and a little APS) but I am not totally sure. This and all my other cephs that I have in this mix seem to love it.

everyone else - thanks again! My friends around here don't appreciate my plants and think there is nothing to the upkeep, so it is nice to get compliments from people who a) are much better than I am and b) understand having to try different soil mixes, lighting, watering methods to find what really works best for each plant.

Back