What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

where is cephalotas

:poke::poke:where can i get a cephalotas ? i have had the dark blackish kind but it only lived for around 6 months . where can i get another one ? :boogie::banana2:

There are several nurseries based in America (a certain one in Oregon in particular) that are selling Cephalotus online.

One of the Rules of Terraforums is that you are not aloud to openly discuss any vendors other than flytrapshop.com that are based within the US... Wistuba, BE, EP, MT, etc are ok... No sales or requests to buy etc either....

as far as where to locate cephalotus, there are a few places here in the US that you could probably find using a simple google search, there is only one species, like flytraps, but numerous color varieties, and only 2 named, registered cultivars, and several unregistered cultivars....

Ditto, if you want them, you can get them, just do a search.

What does EP and MT stand for?

one more thing you can always call or email the vendors in particular, i found that it may not be on their site but they usually have some they are willing to sell anyway.

one more thing you can always call or email the vendors in particular, i found that it may not be on their site but they usually have some they are willing to sell anyway.

This is very true.

Looks like you have found your information. One other thing just a little hint. It is spelled "Cephalotus".

This holds true on e-bay as well, but you don't get buyer protection then. I just nailed 8 Fuchsia thymifolia for bonsai in this way, but I have experience with the seller.

well everyone do you think that Wistuba has good cephs

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

also do cephs have sensitive root because when coming from germany they have to take the mediam away i want to get one from them but i was worreied about them taking away the soil

well everyone do you think that Wistuba has good cephs

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

also do cephs have sensitive root because when coming from germany they have to take the mediam away i want to get one from them but i was worreied about them taking away the soil

Order locally, why get one from Germany when there are a handful of nurseries that have them in the US? :poke:

I'm smelling troll, but maybe I shouldn't be... Just do a search for Cephalotus or look on ebay, they are out there and in the U.S.

Be careful about the ones on e-bay, tho. Read carefully. Are you getting the plant in the image(s)? Or a "starter" of the plant depicted. That holds true for all plant material on e-bay as many sellers make it a regular practice to depict "finished products" for "informational purposes" at ridiculously low prices or starting bids. Also know the cultivar and "going rates" for that cultivar at the selling size. Some people are offering TC Cephs on ebay, still in vial, shipped as such. Unless you've a ton of CP experience, and Ceph experience in particular, I'd stay away from these as they require a good deal of babying once removed.

Yes they are sensitive.

Oh, forgot to add... there's one seller on e-bay who routinely shows Cephs where one or more pitchers are partially buried in sand. When I asked why he'd bury the pitchers, he said it was not intentional. I can understand "not intentional" once, or twice, or even three times, but every single one he puts up is like this. It makes me wonder what's wrong UNDER the sand.

i finaily got a nice ceph
date : 6,11,11

Back