What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

heliamphora Nutans typical

I am ordering a nutans and I was wondering what the optimum mix for this plant ? Also what temp and humidity does it like ? I have a heterodoxa can i grow it similarily to the heterodoxa or does it need different conditions ? With my heterodoxa i have 2 hamatas . :banana2::boogie::banana2: will these go well together ?

I am ordering a nutans and I was wondering what the optimum mix for this plant ? Also what temp and humidity does it like ? I have a heterodoxa can i grow it similarily to the heterodoxa or does it need different conditions ? With my heterodoxa i have 2 hamatas . :banana2::boogie::banana2: will these go well together ?

My mix that I use is a perlite/charcoal/bark mix with a top dressing of live LFS......I would say that it seems "optimum" for me. It can be grown in the same conditions as heterodoxa....as they both like temps in the 70's durring the day and 50's and low 60's at night. Humidity should be 70% or more.

ok can i use regular charcoal or a kind for plants + i dont have live lfs + i want to get some

ok can i use regular charcoal or a kind for plants + i dont have live lfs + i want to get some

Use the kind meant for plants, horticultural charcoal....if you don't have live LFS, you could use the normal dead LFS as a substitute..it still works...but not as well.

I have used sphagnum-based composts -- both dried and live with the same success, mixed with some pumice. Also, cypress-based mixes work well though require more frequent watering, in my experience . . .

so all i neeed to get is live lfs and "h" charcoal !!

Back