What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Helimaphora from seed: old school and new school . . .

absolutely fantastic! :awesome:

Thanks . . . but they're simply aseptically germinated seed . . .

Update! :spazz:

Please please! An update would be awesome!

The cultures are all doing well: slow-growing to be sure (but we're not growing tomatoes here); and I am still getting some germination after almost a full four months since the first plants made an appearance on 15 July (yet another reason for patience with seed). I have since sub-cultured a few of the vials and added specific PGRs (plant growth regulators) to induce rooting; and have also transferred a few directly to compost. I'll photograph the tissue-culture vessels when there's something new to look at . . .

Here are two shots within a couple months of one another, of some of the more vigorous, conventionally-grown Heliamphora:

Heliamphora sp. "Angasima" 15 September
Angasima-2.jpg

10 November
ANGASIMA-3.jpg

Well done! :boogie:

very nice David! you can definitely see the difference in growth!

Here is a little update on the seedlings, coloring up nicely with the arrival of Spring:

Heliamphora sp. "Angasima" 19 March
ANGASIMA2.jpg

wow...that's something...yours looks WAAAAY better than mine!

wow...that's something...yours looks WAAAAY better than mine!

Mine are receiving quite a bit of natural sunlight. I have been growing them at a South-facing window for several months . . .

a-HA-a-HA-a-HA. *crying on the inside* what's a south facing window? T.T
the only consolation i've got is that the majority of the seed ended up in your hands and that you're doing pretty well. :)

a-HA-a-HA-a-HA. *crying on the inside* what's a south facing window? T.T
the only consolation i've got is that the majority of the seed ended up in your hands and that you're doing pretty well. :)

Thanks. They'll make their rounds wen the time comes . . .

Back