What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H. x butchinensis

• Thread starter mass
  • Start date
Thanks again! I've been dying for a heli from you. But.. this only fueled the fire. I NEED MORE MORE MORE!

IMG_5998.jpg

looking damn fine. :D

Heliamphora x butchinensis: beautiful . . .

suite

x butchinensis ?

a new hybrid , from what species?

jeff

x butchinensis ?

a new hybrid , from what species?

jeff

It began with an very old plant that had been circulated for years and was once purported to be Heliamphora heterodoxa x minor but has also shown some distinct H. sarracenioides influences clearly seen in the following link (http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127358&highlight=unexpected+divisions), though long before H. sarracenioides was described -- and has been named after an American horticulturist of note . . .

Last edited:
omg David youre really serious about this....

Im honoured but geeze mate it embarrasses the do-do outta me LOLOLOLOL :p

omg David youre really serious about this....

Im honoured but geeze mate it embarrasses the do-do outta me LOLOLOLOL :p

As well it should (heh,heh,heh); and to think we have correspondence from the Old World asking about the "new" hybrid. Oh, I forgot to add that I snipped off a piece of root and it's currently being cultured for posterity . . .

Heliamphora x butchinensis
HB.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 06-22-2011 at 10:36 AM. Reason: H x butchiensis not a valid plant name

Hahaha :) Joseph, it's butchinensis.

wasnt me i promise :p

Wow, Butch, that reminds me of a book of mine, The Commissar Vanishes, where people fell out of favor in the former Soviet bloc. It is a collection of photos where people have been purposely airbrushed out -- and sometimes even replaced by an awkwardly-painted potted plant (no kidding) . . .

ummm i was at this concert LOL, I dont remember much... but i was there
There is something seriously wrong with us both David LOL
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dnARfO5Bv_k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

H. hybrid "butchinensis" maybe for now :p

ummm i was at this concert LOL, I dont remember much... but i was there
There is something seriously wrong with us both David LOL
OMG that just made my day :) Alles klar Herr Kommissar??

Here are some great shots from The Commissar Vanishes (couldn't find the potted plant one just yet -- I think it was an uppity Cosmonaut) . . .

The_Commissar_Vanishes_1sized.jpg
The_Commissar_Vanishes_2sized.jpg

Getting lonely in there, Joey?
opartenlarge.jpg

Here are some great shots from The Commissar Vanishes (couldn't find the potted plant one just yet -- I think it was an uppity Cosmonaut) . . .

Don't overdo it. Tovarish Stalin doesn't like it!

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ggiMnDEbjbc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

that man was true evil... but FWIW 4 out of 5 Nazi deaths occured on the eastern front...

“Death solves all problems - no man, no problem.”
Joseph Stalin

( what a wild tangent LOL)

that man was true evil...

“Death solves all problems - no man, no problem.”
Joseph Stalin

I believe every country/empire/etc had its share of ruthless dictators... Russia is no exception :(

P.S. We hijacked the thread....

wow.. this thread got WAY off topic. You yahoos are so easily entertained.

Back