What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any with similar care reqs as N.ampullaria?

I'd like to someday start up a multi-species terrarium, and N.ampullaria is my favorite Nepenthes, but I'd like to have other pitchers as well. Any suggestions?

EDIT: posted here because I'm looking for Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus species. I'm assuming Cephalotus probably wouldn't work because it's a single species genus, but I just want to see if others would be able to thrive in the same setup as N.ampullaria, particularly any Sarracenia species.

Also, I've never kept any carnivorous plant, except for a VFT in like 5th grade, and last week buying some type of Drosera.

You can't grow any Sarracenia, at least long-term, in the same conditions as N. ampullaria... Same thing with Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, or Cephalotus.

Try some lowland Nepenthes (like N. ampullaria) - a few easy ones come to mind, like N. rafflesiana, bicalcarata, thorelli (I doubt you'll get the pure species, though...). Some bombproof Drosera could also survive.

You can't grow any Sarracenia, at least long-term, in the same conditions as N. ampullaria... Same thing with Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, or Cephalotus.

Try some lowland Nepenthes (like N. ampullaria) - a few easy ones come to mind, like N. rafflesiana, bicalcarata, thorelli (I doubt you'll get the pure species, though...). Some bombproof Drosera could also survive.

Well, poo. Total newb, if that wasn't obvious.
Ah well.

Back