What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Sarracenia Pics

dionae

sarracenia lover
Hello TF:)! Took a few pics of some random pitcher plants and thought i'd share. Nothing fancy so you should be able to tell what they are. S. purpurea is one of my favorite CPs if you cant tell:D. Theres also a darlingtonia thrown in. Thanks for stopping by!

dscf1744d.jpg

dscf1745v.jpg

dscf1754e.jpg

dscf1755h.jpg

dscf1756p.jpg

dscf1758t.jpg

dscf1760b.jpg

dscf1761t.jpg

dscf1763r.jpg

dscf1764b.jpg

dscf1765tu.jpg

dscf1770e.jpg

Sorry for the mess up:blush:.

Last edited:
Pics now uploaded:).

Your purps are fantastic! Are they all ssp. venosa? (I have a hard time telling.) I'm loving the live sphagnum and the ants too! :awesome:

Thank you joossa! I honestly don't know which purpurea they are...I also have a hard time telling the difference:). Maybe one of the more experienced guys will chime in and I can actually get them labeled:p.

Amazing Purps... and everything!

Thank you awgaupp!

Very nice!!! :-D

Great photography!

Is that a jonesii? Whatever it is, it looks nice. Your purps look nice and fat. From the research I've been doing there isn't much of a difference between northern and southern purps, just location variants. There's not a big enough break in their distribution to justify the differences, either.

Nice plants! Always glad to see Darlingtonia too.

Nice purps Eric!

Thanks Fred!

The key trait of telling purp purp and purp venosa apart is, that purp venosa is rather pubescent, (has hair) and purp purp does not.

Update

The purpureas are definitely my fav sarracenia. Just so compact and colorful.

S purpurea

Mini bog full of sundew seedlings, mostly D capensis all red

Thanks Mass

Thanks Josh

Thanks Dethcheez

Parrot Pitcher Plant

JH

Thank you for stopping by. All comments, suggestions and even pics of your own pitcher plants welcome:)!

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

The key trait of telling purp purp and purp venosa apart is, that purp venosa is rather pubescent, (has hair) and purp purp does not.

Thank you SirKristoff:hail:!

Early Fall Pics

I've expanded my S. purpurea collection quite a bit. Even have a few hybrids on the way. I cant wait until next spring so I can see how everything handles dormancy. I'm very nervous about that.

dscf2701.jpg

dscf2702r.jpg

dscf2703o.jpg

dscf2704t.jpg

dscf2705rl.jpg

dscf2706z.jpg

dscf2707u.jpg

dscf2708l.jpg

dscf2710p.jpg

dscf2711xl.jpg

dscf2712.jpg

dscf2713w.jpg

dscf2714u.jpg

dscf2715l.jpg

dscf2716.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

More pics:D!

dscf2717gh.jpg

dscf2720l.jpg

dscf2721v.jpg

dscf2722n.jpg

dscf2723i.jpg

dscf2724.jpg

dscf2730t.jpg

dscf2731m.jpg

dscf2732a.jpg

dscf2733t.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!