What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New sarrs....

• Thread starter Brie
  • Start date

Brie

Sarracenia freak
These just arrived from Orchid_guy yesterday. Not much to look at yet, but he sent me a TON of sarrs. I was expecting a few and I ended up with 10 different varieties, with most being multiples. SO AWESOME OF HIM! You rock dude!

The list:

S. flava maxima unknown?
S. leucophylla "Tarnok"
S. leucophylla
S. leucophylla - Red Tube, Copper Top - Santa Rosa Co, FL - From Bugweed's collection
S. minor
S. "Scarlet Belle"
S. "Dana's Delight"
S. rubra gulfensis - Ancestral form - Crawford Co, Ga
S. rubra wherryi - Red Tube, Copper top - Cintronelle Bog, AL - From Bugweed's collection
S. rubra - Unknown hybrid

All potted up. I shoulda taken a photo of one of the rhizomes on one of the Luecos. It was the size of a dang red potato. HUGE! Must of been an OOLLDDD plant.

5879986740_0f1a8fc803_o.jpg

Next year... this time...

Looks neat and tidy! You don't get strong winds there, do you? That large bowl looks to be situated comfortably on the the very edge. :D

Kind of off topic, but what is that lovely red purp in that bowl?

Congrats on the new plants!

Looks neat and tidy! You don't get strong winds there, do you? That large bowl looks to be situated comfortably on the the very edge. :D

Kind of off topic, but what is that lovely red purp in that bowl?

We get some gusts maybe but I wouldn't say windy... The bowl is center on its little table, so not in danger of tipping or anything.. Or if you think there's no fence/railing on my patio, its all glass, so maybe thats why you don't see it. hehe.

Umm, its a regular ol purpurea venosa I think... It came to me under the wrong ID, so not 100% sure what it is.. Just 99.999% sure its just S. p. venosa

Nice haul.....lots of good stuff in there. :grin:

Sweeeeeeet little Sarr corner you got going on! Excellent start! :-D

The wherryi is actually an alabamensis subspecies. You'll see what I'm talking about once it puts on some size. Looks like you got some nice plants!

Back