What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally, Something Appropriate for Minors!

JB in Utah

Come To The Light. . .
I've been putting off taking pictures of my Heliamphora minor that I got last week and for good reason, for fate has helped me stumble across a Sarracenia minor. I found it at a nursery today, it is a mature plant with several growing points - it is also the largest sarracenia that I have ever seen at a Utah nursery, they also had S. x catesbaei but I went for the purebred. So I have pictures of my two minors, honestly I'm not trying to sound creepy.

First - Sarracenia minor
minor.jpg

Second - Sarracenia minor, glamour shot I love lens flare when it turns out, like J.J. Abrams
minorg.jpg

Third - Heliamphora minor - I went with a glamour shot as well
heli.jpg

Fourth - Group shot of the cousins, hooray for family Sarraceniaceae
minors.jpg

Great shots of some cute specimens!! :-D

Nice find and photos!

They look like sentries or prairie dogs!

REALLY nice Minors! Congrats!

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Little update, both plants have acclimated and are putting up new pitchers. Pics in a few weeks once I see some noteworthy growth.

I've always wanted to make a pot of S. minor like that... too bad I never got around to it :lol:

WOw, nice pics, and i have never seen sarras like that offer in nurseries... you must have been really lucky! :)

Good luck! :)

wow how much did that minor cost you
lol

I paid about 15 for the S. minor, I had a coupon for the nursery and they were selling for 19. H. minor cost about twice that.

Very cool. Just curious...which nursery in Utah?

I could only wish my Lowes sold something like that.

Do you have your H. minor acclimated to growing outside? (Also? Im loving how its growing in a coffee cup!)

byuboy - it's nursery that specializes in Cactus and Tropicals, you probably will it if you search for Utah and those subjects.

Unstuck - I have them acclimated to windowsill growing. I tried outside last year and let's just say, 15%-25% humidity outdoors during the hottest days was not kind. I'll try outside again one day when I can get an in ground bog garden. Until then I'll stick to my windowsill.

I suddenly want to buy a Sarracenia minor now.

you should get some divisions, I would love to trade with you for some, I have some S. flava divisions that i could give you if your interested, pm me ;)

I asked a stupid question (unauthorized question), so.... yeah, I edited it to this...

Last edited:
Back