What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BigBella's Tequila! :D

Whoever else got plants from this generous giveaway please post pictures of your division here! :)

So, I was one of the lucky five to receive a division of BigBella's Heliamphora "Tequila" plant. This is my first time growing Heliamphora so I am very excited to see how well I do with this plant. I got the box, opened the box, and I admired the pitcher, it looked perfect. So, I went upstairs, got a 4" pot and filled it up to the top with lava rock and sphagnum, roughly 50%/50%, then I placed the plant into the rootone that came with it, placed the pitcher into the mix and set it in place with more sphagnum, then I placed live sphagnum pieces all over it, then I tried to fill the pitcher up to the top as instructed, but I instead ended up spilling water all over the floor, it seems the pitcher had a shipping bruise, but that's okay. I filled it up to the bruise and bagged it right next to the AC and placed a light on it, then I misted it. :) The highest temperature I noticed was 69F, which I think is cold but I hear these plants love it LOL. I think I'm doing good. :)

Here it is in it's little set-up! The thermometer isn't leaning on the plant but it's being held up by a drink stirrer lol.
024-10.jpg

Thanks so much David! :)

Looking nice, I haven't tried any helis either, but I think I might some day. ??? Keep us posted on how it does.

Looking good -- and this Heliamphora is a good introduction to growing the genera, since it is far more forgiving of cultivation issues than many of the species . . .

It's a beautiful Timex. In time it'll send out little runners and soon you'll have a potful of Timexes growing out of that pot. ;)

Back