What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got a package from FlyTrapShop Today! :laaa:

I predicted they'd come in today so I had the pots ready and primed last night. Media flushed, dusted with trich in the planting hole, just sitting and waiting...

When my dog alerted me to a visitor at the door today (apparently she thinks I'm deaf and can't hear the doorbell :crazy: ) lo and behold, a package from our very own head honcho. The plants were unwrapped, had their feet soaked for a few minutes, and into their pots they went!

I'm in love with all forms of leucophylla at the moment. I've been searching high and low for a 'Hurricane Creek White' form! :drool:

Edit: no emoties in thread titles? :(

Nice, what's the tall one

Based on the appearance and by reading the tag, it's Leucophylla Titan.

They're both great looking plants! :-D

I thought the name was familiar but for the life of me I couldn't place it! Looks like they shipped good, keep in mind these pitchers are the spring pitchers (late feb or so) and a lot of my Sarrs. are starting fall pitchers right now. =-)
Andrew

PS- I'll update your membership with the new date Thanks!

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Also, very sorry for the slow shipping... I was without internet for a few days while I was moving. :X

Lol sorry I'm on an itouch and the zoom isn't great

@cpsammich - np hehe, I guess I could've listed their names in my post, too :)

@liz - thanks! I hope that Titan gets hoooge. I made my chicken wire enclosure extra tall just to accommodate it!

@andrew - spring pitchers? fall pitchers? zuuuh? oh sorry my noob is showing. Do sarracenia typically have different-looking pitchers across the seasons? And thanks for the membership update, I wasn't sure how that would work :D

oh sorry my noob is showing. Do sarracenia typically have different-looking pitchers across the seasons? And thanks for the membership update, I wasn't sure how that would work :D

Cover it up :p
They're just nicer and fuller, as far as I can tell.

different pitchers per season

To answer your questions, yes, Some sarracenia's have different pitchers per season. Examples are:
Rubra: snake like pitchers in spring, better fuller pitchers in mid summer,
Leuco: small pitchers in the spring, larger fuller pitchers in the fall,
Flava: no change,
Oreaphila: pitchers don't last long enough,
Purp: some change from smaller in the spring to larger in mid summer,
Alata: some change from smaller in spring to larger, fuller in mid summer,
Psitt: some change from smaller in spring to fuller, larger in mid summer.
Minor: No change that I've ever seen. Hope that answers your question.

Back