What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this S. flava a rubricorpora?

Adam

Sarracenia Collector
Paid $25 for this little bugger... it better be one. However, the way the hood is shaped makes me think this could be flava x oreophila. Any ideas?

IMG_7999.jpg

IMG_7998.jpg

IMG_7990.jpg

Thanks!

Could be. Rubricorpora has more green on the lid. This could develop later.

Could be. Rubricorpora has more green on the lid. This could develop later.

I saw an atropurpurea however, and this looks similar in lid shape, for some reason, the clone I saw didn't have tight lids.

This could also possibly be a darker clone, as I'm hoping.

I think it's still too immature to tell with any certainty. You should be able to get a better ID in the spring next year. Good color though.

Generally speaking, rubricorpora has green in the lid an the inner trap is green, that looks more like atropurpurea if it is pure flava

It might have a bit of rosea in it. That's kind of what S. Powhatan looks like, but not quite. Like the others said, wait until next year.

Was it sold to you as rubricorpora? Is there something about the grower that would make you question his ID?

It does kind of look like atropurpurea, but probably best to wait till it matures if you are second guessing the ID of the plant.

Here are some reference pics in case you are interested from my collection.

Here is my atropurpurea from this sping...
inner trap and lips are almost a cream color, but turns red as the pitcher ages.
img0089vj.jpg

Here are my two varieties of rubricorpora from around the same time...
They are more mature than my atropurpurea as you can see.
rubri.jpg

Last edited:
Whatever it is, it has awesome color.

Joe

Back