What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Heliamphora Heterodoxa X Minor! :)

So i received this Heli on wednesday, and is a great Heli... actually there are two helis in there, one is a bit more smaller than the other, but i put them together instead of separe pots.

Another additions i have made recently are: S. love bug, and S. rubra seeds from richmond county... i don't think i have added to the list D. capillaris either but i will soon! :)

Just to compare size, the heli is about the size of a cup, maybe a bit smaller or a bit bigger :?

1)

PPFgh.jpg

2)

6Nh0m.jpg

3)

8jarc.jpg

4)

CFg5W.jpg

5)

UhD0W.jpg

6)

E64s0.jpg

7)

UDtKI.jpg

8)

ZqT3f.jpg

9)

G0Bb9.jpg

Enjoy! :)

:drool: Nice Heliamphora!
Looks like it might need some adapting to complete.
Is it mature?

Wow
Do you mind my asking how much something like that costs?

Lance, yes it is an adult growthpoint, and the one that is on the side really close, you can't really tell, is a bit younger. But it is really nice isn't it!
Cpsammich,
I would say something close to 55-65.

Thanks for looking! :)

Heterodoxa Minor is supposed to be the most common Heliamphora around yet I can never find it for sale anywhere. Where did you get this?

Most are ordered in from overseas. Not a very big market for them here yet. I don't think. Those that do get either have to find imports or trade from someone who did. Ther are very very few in US sellers as of right now. Just like few good nep sellers. But neps are easier to grow and a lil more desired by growers. So neps picked up a lil faster. That is another reason they cost a lil more. Harder to get over on this side of the pond. Jht one question. You said Richmond County for your seeds. What state are those from? I'm close to Richmond co ga and curious if there is a stand of rubra around her.

Heterodoxa Minor is supposed to be the most common Heliamphora around yet I can never find it for sale anywhere. Where did you get this?

From the very little info about helis the most common heli in cultivation is H. Minor.

Helis are not very common still, but they are making their way up!
I got it from a member in here. :)

( edit): have heard that a good source is wistuba for helis, not sure if the page is wistuba.com, but you can google it, they offer great varieities but they are overseas.
And sorry for the late answer, my computer is not working properly. :(

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Most are ordered in from overseas. Not a very big market for them here yet. I don't think. Those that do get either have to find imports or trade from someone who did. Ther are very very few in US sellers as of right now. Just like few good nep sellers. But neps are easier to grow and a lil more desired by growers. So neps picked up a lil faster. That is another reason they cost a lil more. Harder to get over on this side of the pond. Jht one question. You said Richmond County for your seeds. What state are those from? I'm close to Richmond co ga and curious if there is a stand of rubra around her.

Sorry for the late replay computer not working properly.

I received the seeds from a guy in the nortj carolina botanical garden. He said the seeds were from richmond county, NC. :)

Back