What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. x 'Golden-Red Jubilee' x rubra alabamensis

I was messing around in the plants today and came to realize a rather nice trap for this plant... the previous pitchers throughout the season have been rather snakelike and curved over and back up again, this one however and several new ones developing are perfectly fine... I really underestimated this plant, its quickly becoming a favorite rubra of mine....

'Golden-Red Jubilee' x rubra subsp. alabamensis which broken down is (rubra subsp. jonesii x rubra subsp. alabamensis) x rubra subsp. alabamensis
DSC_0202.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

I want it that is a cool sarr,!!

Thanks Jimmy, I love this plant too.. Hopefully I'll have divisions available before too long if it divides like the rest of my rubras...

Thanks Jimmy, I love this plant too.. Hopefully I'll have divisions available before too long if it divides like the rest of my rubras...

Looks just like mine Kris. Snake like in the spring and vertical in the summer/fall with very nice pitchers. I'm curious where you acquired yours. I know I gave a few out...just wondering if it's making the rounds finally.

Got mine in a trade from Yann with a couple of other sarrs. It definitely looks very weird in spring/summer but so do most of my other rubras... I've got a gulfensis tall red making traps that rival or dwarf most of my flavas...

Got mine in a trade from Yann with a couple of other sarrs. It definitely looks very weird in spring/summer but so do most of my other rubras... I've got a gulfensis tall red making traps that rival or dwarf most of my flavas...

Yep it’s gotta be the same plant. I gave Yann a division in Dec ’09. I started that from seed in Feb ’06 (in case you keep detailed records like I do). Good to see it’s getting out there. I almost tossed it one year because of the snake like spring leaves until I saw the late-summer/fall pitchers. I have a few of it’s siblings which are also as equally nice or better. My rubras and rubra crosses have very similar spring leaves but the fall pitchers are magnificent. ‘Golden Red Jubilee’ is one of them.

Fred- let me know if you have any divisions of those siblings in the future, I was not aware this was a plant of your making. You did a great job. The fall traps are truly stunning.

Thats a gorgeous pitcher plant.

That is indeed one beautiful sarr... I love the intricate markings in the throat.

Fred- let me know if you have any divisions of those siblings in the future, I was not aware this was a plant of your making. You did a great job. The fall traps are truly stunning.

Thanks Kris and all. Yeah I'm sure I have an extra sibling division I can send your way. I have to repot them all anyway. Don't let me forget as we get into the winter months. I don't know about you, but I prefer e-mail over PMs.

Back