What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who gave me a Sarracenia once upon a time?

xvart

Doing it wrong until I do it right.
Staff member
Hello everyone. Hopefully someone will be able to help me out. A couple of years ago I received, either through trade or gifted, a S. 'Hurricane Creek White'. Now I can't remember who it was and the person I gave it to is now asking me about the origins. If you see this and it was you please let me know. I apparently didn't keep good records or cleaned out my trade inbox a while back.

Thanks!

xvart.

I asked about this plant because it was sent to me labeled as HCW or leucophylla x willissii because it was winter. We all know it's not HCW from the photo. If it is leucophylla x willissii (apparently labeled that when sent to J.C.), I was interested in knowing it's origins because in my opinion it's a stunner. Bob Z's website mentions the ID of the plant called "x willisii" is suspect http://www.cpphotofinder.com/sarracenia-x-leucophylla-x-willisii-3007.html

The giant red plant is what I'm referring to. I've been assuming it was leuco x willisii but if anyone knows further background info, it would be useful to me.
DSC04305.jpg

It does appear to have leucophylla in it to a mild extent. I realize that all the hybrids will look quite different and guessing will get me nowhere but I am interested to see if others know further information.
Thanks for any info.

Back