What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceph and Helis

jbradt

stretch.... yawn...
Hey all,

Just thought I'd put up some pics of my Ceph and a couple Helis (heterodoxa x minor, and a tiny nutans). The heterodoxa x minor is about to be divided, so I figured I'd put up the pic in case I kill it. Thanks for looking, any comments/questions always appreciated!

Ceph
6126238035_6f7912e535_m.jpg

6126785312_1635a7e5b4_m.jpg

Heli heterodoxa x minor
6126782740_f3fe0eb18f_m.jpg

6126235385_6b5b3208ff_m.jpg

Heli nutans
6126786896_fd692d88e4_m.jpg

6126784422_532e6b16c0_m.jpg

Last edited:
very nice..

Thanks, mass. I just noticed that the pics of the ceph weren't attached... fixed it.

Thought it was just my computer.. Great color. What kind of lights are you using?

100w 6500k CFL I think it's around 1750 lumens.

Thanks for the kind words!

very nice.. like having a slice of the sun in your own home.

LOL.. yeah, my gf hates the fact that there's 2 terrariums with that set up and a whole grow rack in the bedroom.

My fiance LOVES our two GH's, 3 terrariums, and outdoor grow table. She's a keeper.. loving everything I do just as much as me.

I really want to set up a GH... just need to do some more research and get it all figured out.

Haven't been around in a while but it's refreshing to see your Helis and Ceph are looking good as always

Thanks, X! Good to see you, dude.

The cephs are so purple! Hopefully the ones at Meadowview will do that now that they're under lights. The helis look nicely formed.

Thanks, dude!

Is that 100W equivalent, which would actually be around about a 20W CFL lamp?

Nope... I actually searched high and low to find a 100w CFL lamp. I'm not sure what the equivalent would be. Took me months to find them, so I stocked up.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Nope... I actually searched high and low to find a 100w CFL lamp. I'm not sure what the equivalent would be. Took me months to find them, so I stocked up.

Oops... turns out I was wrong. I dug through stuff to make sure I was right, and it's 27w CFL, 100w equivalent.

I have one of these bad boys:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#1949K36

It's a huge bulb (the picture is not of that actual item) but somehow it screws into a standard household socket. The thing is a beast. I should really bring it out and see if I can incorporate it into my current setup.

Awesome. I'm gonna have to go to a couple grow shops and see if I can find some of those.
If you want high intensity light that actually reaches your plants (with a fairly low level of residual heat), go with HO T-5's with mirror reflectors.

Much of the light from compact fluorescent lamps is aimed in the wrong direction and/or cancelled out by all of the 'obstructions' - wasting energy & adding unnecessary heat. Based on someone's recommendation, I purchased one several years ago - you could probably have cooked your breakfast on it! :0o:

If you want high intensity light that actually reaches your plants (with a fairly low level of residual heat), go with HO T-5's with mirror reflectors.

Much of the light from compact fluorescent lamps is aimed in the wrong direction and/or cancelled out by all of the 'obstructions' - wasting energy & adding unnecessary heat. Based on someone's recommendation, I purchased one several years ago - you could probably have cooked your breakfast on it! :0o:

perfect for petiolaris drosera though. ;)

Back