What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Heliamphora Pic. Thread!

you've got some very nice plants there Ann! diving head first into the challenging plants and you're doing great! looking forward to seeing your progress.

Thanks! Although not exactly diving headfirst. lol I killed about 10 before any of this, and even worse, it was like 1 at a time (i'd get one, kill it, replace it, kill the replacement, replace that, etc..) ...so more like wading in slowly and then diving head first. lol

looking great Anne, i see youve discovered the joys of square pots :)

we gotta get ya away from that mosser lee lfs, eeewwwwww that stuff sucks big wind

LOL, just teasing ya.... well done lil one

good job Ann_A! I see we have another 15 year old heli lover :lol:

we gotta get ya away from that mosser lee lfs, eeewwwwww that stuff sucks big wind

LOL, just teasing ya.... well done lil one

Ugh... I hate round pots! They waste soooo much space!

Actually, I have found myself liking the LFS I've been using less and less, lately, so yea I'm not going to be using it anymore.

good job Ann_A! I see we have another 15 year old heli lover :lol:

Thanks! Nice to meet another 15yr old on here. I always feel like I'm way out of place age-wise on TF...not that I care!

Yea, me too. I am going to setup my heli terrarium soon and it will be very similar to what you have right now. Good luck with yours! I plan of making a thread as well.

Well good luck to you too! I am actually probably going to be redoing this...again, soon, so that I am using either a larger tank, with more powerful lighting, or use a rack method, also with better lighting.

dont forget to post pictures... ;)

Haha... Course not. I wouldn't miss a bragging opportunity for the world. lol ;)

Rearranging a bit today, and should be done tomorrow. I will get more pics on here once I'm done so that you can see how it is then... Also will be updated with my newest plants!

I also prefer square pots, but I prefer not to order online and most of the nurseries near me don't sell square pots that live up to my liking, so I often settle with circular pots.

The mosser lee LFS isn't that great, but it's a heck of a lot cheaper than pretty much anything else and it does the job. I don't know whether or not it is collected sustainably, and if not that could be a good reason to buy the more expensive new zealand stuff. Right now though, I'm on a budget :glare:

Back