What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heli realignment

The effects of the new book are already being seen in the marketplace....
Thought it would good to start a thread....

Most obvious renames per AW website (not including any of the new species)

H. “Foothills Testigos” = Heliamphora collina
H. heterodoxa (Ptari tepui) = Heliamphora purpurascens (Ptari Tepui)
H. neblinae (Wistuba’s red, waxy variant) = Heliamphora ceracea (Cerro Neblina, Braz. Ven.)
H. neblinae var. parva = Heliamphora parva
H.x [tatei neblinae x hispida] = H. x [neblinae x hispida] ?

these times, they are a changing ;)

Av

Last edited:
I noticed this when I placed a order the other day! I thought I was going crazy. :lol:

This is confusing me so much! :-))

I noticed this when I placed a order the other day! I thought I was going crazy. :lol:

see what changing your name did nerd... errrr smitty, you started all this LOL

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

I was meaning to add the new species later this evening but weeeeeeeeeee one of the neblinae grails is available (pics up today)

Heliamphora neblinae (Avispa Venezuela)

Maybe I am in need of a re-realigning myself!

PS..that new neblinae is all mine!

yes....they are....

i feel soo sorry for the sarracenia addicts... they've got it 10 times worse! :-))

Just wait until the second edition of the book . . .

Helis haven't seen anything yet. The taxonomists have been wreaking havoc on orchids for years. Taking away genres adding them to others piling species out and reassigning to other genre. I just hope we don't end up with a bunch of misIDd plants.

Back