What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first H. Minor!!

I just got my first H. Minor in today, I am really stoked and even more stoked that I got it for only 25 bucks. Hopefully it does well!

IMG_3038.jpg

Looks like a healthy plant :)

The pitcher on the left has a scorched nectar spoon is there any way to get that thing red again ??

sadly nope....once when it's like that, that portion is pretty much dead. that's the frustrating part about heliamphora. because of their fragile nature, they tend to accumulate damages over time---especially if you tend to crush them with a glass pane when attempting to water or taking them out to photograph :headwall:
the leaves will be replaced eventually...

I had one sent to me recently which didn't have sufficient protection to stop it moving in the packaging and nearly all the nectar spoons look like that. They won't recover but hopefully new pitchers will emerge.

Ah man thats to bad, atleast the plant is healthy for now and the other pitchers look good. Hopefully no other problems arise, I tried live sphagnum for my media since I herd good things about it.

I usually mix some perlite in with the live Sphagnum (50:50), but have used it 'neat' in the past with no problems.

Sweet. Thanks the responses guys.

Nice plant mluk,

congrats

Back