What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New pics of my Heli. pulchella and Heli. butchensis

Brie

Sarracenia freak
Since these guys have finally started to come around for me, I took some new photos... Well, first photos ever really of the pulchella.. Its taken a while to come round. Thanks again for these Butch, you da man.

Pulchella. The two pitchers its grown in my care are the one on the left, and the newest coming in on the right..
6274000177_b394474d0c_b.jpg

6274006777_80e3f4f1b3_b.jpg

BEWARE THE SARLACC!
6274023773_a8172e52ce_b.jpg

6274563400_44035c5e58_b.jpg

Minor x Het, aka Butchensis. Just opened up its bigger pitcher yet for me.. Looks a little sparse in general because I just trimmed off all its mangled pitchers from me dropping the glass tank lid on it.. twice. :\ If I break this pitcher, i'm seriously going to commit Seppuku.
6273989053_9298952ee9_b.jpg

Very Nice Brie! That butchinensis looks awesome! Would be a shame if you dropped the tank lid again ;)

beautiful brie

very nice Brie. i hope that your puchella and butchenensis color up well!

very nice Brie. i hope that your puchella and butchenensis color up well!

Me too.. They are now directly under 2 new T5s, with 4 T8s at the edges of the shelf, so hoping it colors them up...

Awesome. Now I'm jealous all over again.

ohhhh....nice! pulchella is a fave of mine! :-O

What're they growing in? Pure LFS or is that just a top dressing?

What're they growing in? Pure LFS or is that just a top dressing?

The Het x Minor is growing in LFS mixed with perlite, topped with live sphag, the Pulchella is in a mix of live sphag and perlite topped with more live sphag. Both sit in dishes with a little water in them... I'll periodically dump water in the pots until the dishes flood.

They look great, Brie!

Nice Helis!

Awesome Helis! Sorry if this is a noob question but how can you get the pulchellas to get a red and purple color because it looks like yours is already starting to get some of that nice coloration! Do all of them get that color if provided the right environment?

Awesome Helis! Sorry if this is a noob question but how can you get the pulchellas to get a red and purple color because it looks like yours is already starting to get some of that nice coloration! Do all of them get that color if provided the right environment?

Im pretty sure it just has to do with spectrum and intensity of the light.. Mine is dang green compared to wild pulchella.

If only mine looked like this.. *le sigh*
thumb_270401071.jpg

Yeah! That was the picture I was referring too, those are amazing I just wondering if its even possible to get them to that color besides the wild. Yours still looking awesome though.

Yeah! That was the picture I was referring too, those are amazing I just wondering if its even possible to get them to that color besides the wild. Yours still looking awesome though.

I'm sure its possible.. Just hard as heck I think.. I dont think i've ever seen photos of a captive one with the same color...

Very nicely done Brie,
Good to see them happy

Butch

I think butchinensis could have heterodoxa in it.

Back