What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wistuba Helis

Hi, several years ago I bought several tissue culture Helis from Wistuba, and the tags have been lost. I would be grateful if anyone could help me with IDing them. Thanks in advance.

1:
original.jpg

2:
original.jpg

Those are awesome plants! I think first is tatei and second is het x nutans or het x minor

those are some pretty beautiful specimens...
1) tatei
2) hetero x nutans
3) ionasii (Butch knows better, and looking at glabra photos, the nectar spoon morphology is different)
4) hispida

if you could take close up of the nectar spoons and pitchers themselves, that would help a lot.

Last edited:
i agree with both...

likely
1. tatei
2. hetero x nutans
3. maybe ionasii or hybrid of
4. heterodoxa hybrid

Many of AW old clone lines are not his current clone lines...

Thanks much, I'll plan on taking close ups of the nectar spoons.

ummm well maybe I didnt agree with both LOL

yeah, but IIRC the defining characteristic of hispida is a hirsute region along the pitcher opening that doesnt continure further down into the pitcher

cant tell that much from tim's pic though

Tim, here are some of the official descriptions, but the genus is currently being reorganized, so who knows...

http://www.carnivorousplants.org/cpn/Species/SpeciesDescriptions.htm

Last edited:
The tatei is impressive! I'll be of no help, since I can only distinguish minor from anything else.

Back