What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scarlet Belle seeds

DJ57

I am a CPaholic...
Anybody ever get viable seed from a Scarlet Belle? I played around with pollination of my Scarlet Belle and now have about 300 seeds, no other CPs flowered, so self-pollinated and no mixes. Just wondering what these seeds might produce and if anyone would like to trade something on my wish list for some of these seeds. ???

Wish list:

S. Luek alb top
S. typical minor
S. Purpurea venosa
cephalotus plant or seed

This is the one that flowered, it used to be huge before division this year
ScarletBelle.jpg
[/IMG]

Division this year of the above plant
ScarletBelle.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Those plants are gorgeous. How old is the Scarlet Belle that flowered?

Thank you, it is my favorite. I have had it about 7 years, my first CP actually, started out as a little baby. It has flowered for the past 3 years, even after my poor attempt at dividing it this year. I would like to divide it again and give some away, but it is such a tight root ball I am afraid of killing it. The attempt I made at the beginning of this year I was only able to separate the one piece (bottom picture). If some of you pros out there could give me some tips on how to safely divide such a tight clump without destroying the whole plant, I am all ears! I am redoing that old bog it is in next spring, so need to do something with it then and would love to share some divisions of it.

I saw some YouTube videos about dividing potted plants, they make it look easy.

i dont much care for scarlette bell but it'd be interesting to see what kind of variables those self-fertilized seeds contain.

Seeds

i dont much care for scarlette bell but it'd be interesting to see what kind of variables those self-fertilized seeds contain.

That is why I did it, wanted to see what they would produce...plus the fact I was bored that week :lol: Sounds like you might want to try some of these seed? C'mon, you know you do :poke:

Last edited:
well i did notice your bog is missing a favorite of mine: Sarracenia "cobra's nest" ive got some spares if you want to trade. :-D

I did have one in there, a new little baby one, but sombody threw the ball for the dog and, well, the dog managed to miss everything BUT the little Cobra Nest (picked it up with the ball I am told). Of course, I was not home at the time... :cry:

Anyway, would love to have another one (the ball is now hidden and only I know where it is, hee, hee). PM or email me with details.

Back