What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growing heli pollen tubes ghetto style :)

Very cool. Is it useful for anything besides observing pollen germination though?

Ahhhh grasshopper,

The bigger picture is knowing for sure which methods work best for storing heli pollen, when the best harvesting time is, how long it can be stored, knowing when the pollen is not the problem in failed pollination attempts... etc etc etc.

Ahhhh grasshopper,

The bigger picture is knowing for sure which methods work best for storing heli pollen, when the best harvesting time is, how long it can be stored, knowing when the pollen is not the problem in failed pollination attempts... etc etc etc.

You know you're a scientist when you read this and say outloud to an empty room with a tone of amazement and wonder- "So much data to collect!!!!"

Are you stepping up to the plate, Butch? I have a H. pulchella sending up a flower, and I have to say.... I'm tempted to buy some onions.

Ahhhh grasshopper,

The longest that I have ever stored Heliamphora pollen was about eight weeks from H. folliculata; and I did get decent seed set back in 2008 . . .

Back