What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maxsea Fertilizer

Recently my cephs have been getting some unusual white fuzz on their leaves. I've been spraying with Maxsea 16-16-16 but I've not been rinsing afterwards. I think it has to do with the Maxsea because otherwise my growing conditions seem to really encourage mold! Has anyone else experienced this?

Hmm cant say that I have personally.. Im using Epiphyte's Delight and misting my ceph as well. Never noticed any fungus/mildew/mold from it...

Recently my cephs have been getting some unusual white fuzz on their leaves.
Rob,
I had this a year or two ago on a Ceph that I was using in a low-light experiment. Although fungicide stopped the mold, the effect was only temporary as the mold kept coming back. Once spring came, I placed it outside and the mold finally went away for good. I suspect low light & poor ventilation in my scenario - I wasn't spraying with any ferts.

I spray my ceph every couple weeks with the same fertilizer and never had any fungus or any other ill effects from it.

I see that it is seaweed based, but 16-16-16 is high if that's all it is, so do they add nutrient salts to increase it to these NPK levels? If so, could it be evaporated salts that you are seeing on the leaves?

If it is in fact powdery mildew, that's usually environmentally induced. When you have higher humidity and cooler night temperatures with less direct sun during the day, you'll likely get it.

I grow my cephs. outdoors, and during the summer months, they get full sun in the morning, followed by diffused light in the afternoon. During the winter, they're constantly in full sun-they love it and color up nicely. haven't had powdery mildew since.

Back